Whirling Dervishes Show
#92 in Istanbul
This 800 year-old ritual in the historic Hodjapasha Dance Theater will be a breathtaking experience! World famous Heaven Dirge and whirling dervishes are on the stage. At Hodjapasha Dance Theater, titular of “the best authentic local event” award, this show of dervishes will be the embodiment of reaching towards the deity with love. The ritual will be accompanied by classical orchestra and readers of Mıtrıp Heyeti (a band with traditional instruments). Access easily with the Istanbul Tourist Pass!
Discover the historic Whirling Dervishes ritual of the Mevlevi order, and enjoy the classical orchestra and Mitrip Band. Enjoy complimentary hot and cold beverage treats before the show
Hours & Schedule
The Whirling Dervishes Show is performed on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays during Winter and every day during Summer at 7:00 PM. The show takes about 1 hour, with no breaks and you have to be present at 18:15 or else your reservation might be cancelled.
How To Get There?
Take the T1 line to Sirkeci station. Walk upwards on Ankara Street and take the first street to the left (Hocapaşa Hamamı Sk.)
- One-time admission to the Whirling Dervishes Show is included.
- Please note that an E-mail concerning the reservation will be sent to you after the purchase.
- Last-minute reservations are acceptable, but it’s highly recommended they be a day prior to the specified day.
- Pick-up to or drop-off from the hotel is NOT INCLUDED.
- Since the ceremony requires utmost silence, children under the age of 7 are not allowed in the show by the venue.
Istanbul's one & only sightseeing pass with free Access to 30+ attractions & services.
Buy now & save over €250!